Tottenham's Son Heung-min and his Liverpool counterpart Mohamed Salah will share this season's golden boot after both finished with 23 goals.
Son entered the final day of the season a goal behind the Egyptian but grabbed a brace in their win over Norwich on the final day with Salah coming off the bench to put his name on the scoresheet in their game against Wolves.
1 - Tottenham’s Son Heung-Min is the first Asian player to win the Premier League Golden Boot (sharing the award with Mo Salah), with the attacker netting 23 goals in 2021-22. Shared. #PL pic.twitter.com/gTC5yOis4r— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) May 22, 2022
It is the third time Salah has won the award after previously winning the boot in 2017-18, when he scored 32 times, and in 2018-19 season, when he finished with 22 goals. Son on the other hand struck nine times in his last 10 games, including six in his final five, to shoot up the scoring charts.
- Mohammed Salah (Liverpool FC)
- Son Heung-Min (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Sadio Mane(Liverpool)
- Diogo Jota (Liverpool)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United)
- Ivan Toney (Brentford)
- James Maddison (Leicester City)
You can Follow Futaa for the latest football news across the globe.