- CAF Champions League Futaa preview
- Lobi Stars FC vs Mamelodi Sundowns
- 11 January, Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Makurdi
- 18:00 South African time.
2016 Champions Sundowns are expected to show some pedigree when they take on Nigeria’s Lobi, who are making their first Group stage appearance in over 18 years.
Lobi top scorers:
- Alimi Sikiru (Striker): two goals in one match
- Mathias Samuel Martins (Forward): one goal in one match
Sundowns top scorers:
- Lebohang Maboe (Forward): four goals in 12 matches
- Gastón Sirino (Forward): three goals in 11 games.
What the camps have said:
“I think Mamelodi Sundowns are very good. They are the team that like to play the ball on the ground the way football is supposed to be played and I was not surprised they won the Caf Champions League in 2016 that we played against them,” Lobi’s Oahimijie Kester Kelly told Goal.
“The most important thing in the Champions League is winning at home,” Mosimane said. “You must also make sure that in the three games away, you at least get two draws. If you do that, you’re guaranteed qualification in the knockout stage,” Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane told SA media.
Will Lobi Stars maximumise their home ground advantage against one of Africa's current top clubs or will Kabo Yellow prove too strong?
Follow the live updates and match stats here.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!