Liverpool vs Porto: The Reds stand favourites to progress to Champions League semis
Liverpool got Porto in the Champions League quarter-finals draw and that might be seen as quite fair unlike last season when they were paired against Manchester City.
Although they out foxed Pep Guardiola and his machine both home and away, many expect them to progress at the expense of the Portuguese side whom they have never lost a match to in this competition.
- Liverpool have never lost a European match against Porto in six games (W3 D3 L0).
- Porto were eliminated by Liverpool in the Champions League last season at the Last 16 stage, losing 0-5 on aggregate.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their 11 home European games against Portuguese opposition (W7 D3 L1), a 0-2 defeat against Benfica at Anfield in the last 16 stages of the 2005-06 Champions League.
- Porto have never faced an opponent more without winning in the Champions League than Liverpool (four games), also failing in four matches against Zenit St Petersburg and Juventus.
- Liverpool have progressed from all four of their European quarter-finals against Portuguese opponents, eliminating Benfica in the European Cup in 1977-78 and 1983-84 and in the Europa League in 2009-10 - their other triumph was against opponents FC Porto in the 2000-01 UEFA Cup.
- Sadio Mane's only hat-trick in all competitions for Liverpool came against Porto in the Champions League in 2017-18 - only Santiago Solari (4) has netted more goals against Porto in the competition.
More information from Sky Sports.