Porto forward Moussa Marega has become the latest player to be subjected to racist abuse; the incident coming in their Sunday 2-1 win over Vitoria Guimaraes.
The Malian forward then stormed out of the pitch after he couldn’t contain the abuses but who are the other players to have been subjected to the same treatment thus far this season?
- January 25, 2020 - Athletic Bilbao striker Inaki Williams revealed he was the victim of racist abuse during his team's 1-1 draw at Espanyol in La Liga.
- December 29, 2019 - Scottish football club Glasgow Rangers alleged striker Alfredo Morelos was racially abused during the 'Old Firm' derby against rivals Celtic.
- December 22 - Chelsea fan arrested for allegedly racially abusing Tottenham Hotspur’s Son Heung-min during the Blues' 2-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- December 21, 2019 - The Professional Footballers' Association called for UK government action after the Premier League game between Tottenham and Chelsea resulted in three stadium announcements reporting racist abuse, with Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger reportedly the subject of monkey chanting from home fans.
- An anti-racism campaign artwork by Italian artist Simone Fugazzotto is presented by Serie A during a news conference in Milan. The artwork prompted a furious backlash, with Serie A clubs including Roma and AC Milan releasing statements on social media "strongly disagreeing" with the message.
- December 7, 2019 – A 41-year-old man is arrested on suspicion of “a racially aggravated public order” offense during the Manchester derby
- December 5, 2019 - Italian daily newspaper Corriere Dello Sport accused of fuelling racism with its front-page headline of ‘Black Friday’ alongside pictures of Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku and Roma’s on-loan defender Chris Smalling.
- November 16, 2019 – Sweden striker Alexander Isak, 20, was subjected to racist abuse by Romania fans during a Euro 2020 qualifier in Bucharest.
- November 3, 2019 - Brescia's Italian striker Mario Balotelli kicks the ball into the stands in protest at the abuse suffered during a game with Verona.
- October 29, 2019 - Bulgaria is ordered to play two matches behind closed doors, one suspended for two years, and fined £65,000 for the abuse of England’s players during a Euro 2020 qualifier in Sofia on October 14.
- October 21, 2019 – Manchester United confirm a fan was ejected from Old Trafford for alleged racist abuse during a Premier League game with Liverpool.
- October 7, 2019 - Aston Villa condemn social media footage of fans chanting a racist song which references their own players
- September 2, 2019 – Inter Milan’s Romelu Lukaku is racially abused at Cagliari during a Serie A match, though the club denied his accusation.
- August 19, 2019 - Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba suffers racist abuse after he misses a penalty against Wolves.
- August 18, 2019 – Reading’s Yakou Meite is abused for missing a penalty in a 3-0 win over Cardiff City during a match in England's second-tier Championship.
- August 14, 2019 – Chelsea’s young striker Tammy Abraham is targeted online after missing a penalty in the Uefa Super Cup shoot-out defeat to Liverpool.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!