Diego Simeone's Rojiblancos outfit will be looking to steal a march on the teams competing with them for a Champions League place by claiming three points on Friday night in the capital.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the Friday night kickoff.
🧩 Atlético Madrid vs Mallorca key details
- 🗓 3 July 2020
- 🏟 Wanda Metropolitano
- ⌚️ 23:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🔴 Atlético (4-4-2):
Oblak; Trippier, Giménez, Savić; Sánchez; Koke, Partey, Ñíguez, Lemar; Félix, Morata
⚪️ Mallorca (4-2-3-1):
Reina; Pozo, Sedlar, Raíllo, Gámez; Baba, Sevilla; Rodriguez, Kubo, Junior; Hernández
🔑 Key betting facts
- Atlético has recorded two or more goals in three of their last five LaLiga fixtures at any venue.
- Atlético is undefeated in their last 11 LaLiga matches (W6 D5).
- Prior to the last two games, Atlético had kept three consecutive clean sheets.
- Atlético midfield dynamo Saúl Ñíguez is always a threat when it comes to scoring first, as he most recently did for the fifth time this in LaLiga in 2019-20.
- Salva Sevilla has scored in two of his last four LaLiga appearances for Mallorca and will be an important figure in the absence of suspended striker Ante Budimir.
- Mallorca has lost 13 of their last 16 away matches in LaLiga.
- Atlético’s last five fixtures have all seen at least five cards awarded.
🔮 Futaa prediction: Atlético 2-0 Mallorca