Bordeaux gets the 2020-21 Ligue 1 season underway here against Nantes at the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux Stadium.
Here's the rundown from our betting team.
📝 Quick preview & tip
Last season, a significant 64.29% (18) of Nantes’ 28 Ligue 1 matches produced under 2.5 total match goals. Bordeaux's last three home matches in the shortened 2019-20 French top-flight season all ended as draws. Bordeaux has won four of the last five meetings between the sides and interestingly, all five matches in that sequence saw one side fail to score.
🔑 Key betting facts
- Bordeaux is winless across their previous three Ligue 1 season openers (D1, L2).
- Bordeaux is winless in their last five home matches in Ligue 1, however, they've only lost one of their last 11 head-to-heads with Nantes in Ligue 1.
- Visitors Nantes saw under 2.5 goals land in 18 of their 28 league encounters last season.
- 19 of Nantes’ 24 games won/lost last campaign yielded a single-goal margin of victory
- 11 of those 24 matches ended in a 1-0 scoreline either way.
- Josh Maja has been Bordeaux’s first scorer in each of his last four goalscoring Ligue 1 outings - three of those goals were match openers.
- Nantes has failed to score before halftime in their last eight Ligue 1 season openers, with six remaining goalless at the break.
✅ Futaa Best Bet: Back under 2.5 goals
🌚 Riskier Moonshot bet: Bordeaux win & under 2.5 total goals