The word D-day is defined as “the day on which an important operation is to begin or a change to take effect,” and that is what fully relates to the Absa Premiership on Saturday.
So with leaders Kaizer Chiefs facing Baroka FC, while Mamelodi Sundowns battle Black Leopards, what does it really mean for the league season results on the final day?
Here are the simplest facts:
- Chiefs & Sundowns are both on 53 points each at the top of the league.
- Baroka and Leopards are both in the bottom three with a single point seperation.
- All four clubs have to win.
- Chiefs need to win to lift a first league title in five years.
- Sundowns need to win and lift a third-straight title.
- Both Chiefs and Sundowns have nine league titles each.
- Leopards need a win to stay in SA’s top division.
- Baroka need victory to avoid relegation.
All the games will be kicking off at 15:30.
Baroka vs Chiefs - Bidvest Stadium.
Sundowns vs Leopards - Dobsonville Stadium.
View: Full PSL finale fixures