Lyon has made an encouraging start to the new Ligue 1 season after their run to the Champions League semifinals but they face a stern test away to Montpellier on Tuesday.
Here are the most relevant stats & facts ahead of kickoff to help you make informed bets.
🏟 Match context
Montpellier finally has points on the board, crushing Nice after winning both halves on Saturday. The result meant that Le MHSC is now unbeaten in six Ligue 1 home matches (W5, D1), with an average winning margin of 1.40 goals in second halves across the victories.
Lyon followed up their 4-1 win over Dijon on an opening day with a 0-0 draw at Bordeaux. Montpellier has been rock-solid at home, winning four and drawing one of their last five in Ligue 1 on home soil. This should be a tightly-contested encounter but it won't be a goal-fest, with Montpellier keeping clean sheets in four of their last five at La Mosson.
With each of their last four Ligue 1 wins coming by a 2+ goal margin, Lyon has the potential to hurt teams, but their recent record at Montpellier isn't good, winless in three league visits (D2, L1), each of which has seen them fail to score before the break. Meanwhile, six (W3, D1, L2) of their last seven Ligue trips to Montpellier have seen the halftime points distribution go on to match the result at fulltime.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🔵 Montpellier (3-4-1-2):
Omlin; Mendes, Hilton, Congre; Souquet, Savanier, Ferri, Ristic; Mollet; Laborde, Delort
⚫️ Lyon (3-5-2):
Lopes; Andersen, Marcelo, Denayer; Dubois, Caqueret, Guimarães, Aouar, Cornet; Depay, Ekambi
🔑 Key stats
- Montpellier has won five of their last six home matches in Ligue 1.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Montpellier's last four matches in Ligue 1.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in five of Lyon's last six matches.
- Lyon is winless in three league visits to Montpellier (D2, L1), each of which have seen them fail to score before halftime.
- Montpellier has only conceded one goal in their last five home matches in Ligue 1.
- Three of the last four head-t0-heads between these sides have gone under the 2.5 goals mark.
✅ Futaa tips
Place your bets on betPawa using our booking code 2293707 which will auto-fill your bet-slip.
📲 Follow Montpellier vs Lyon live