Premier League football is back at Elland Road after 16 years and Marcelo Bielsa's boys will be targeting three points against fellow promoted team Fulham on Saturday.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Leeds United put up a good fight but ultimately lost 4-3 away at reigning champions Liverpool in their Premier League return. That means that five of their last seven matches across all competitions have featured over 3.5 goals. Bielsa's side can count themselves a little unlucky, especially because all four goals conceded at Anfield were not from open play.
Fulham visited here as recently as June, when Leeds ran out comfortable 3-0 winners, keeping a clean sheet as they’ve done in their last seven competitive home wins. The home side has won each of the last three meetings between these sides.
🔮 Predicted XIs
⚪️ Leeds (4-3-3):
Meslier; Ayling, Cooper, Struijk, Dallas; Phillips, Klich, Pablo Hernandez; Costa, Harrison, Bamford
⚫️ Fulham (4-3-3):
Areola, Odoi, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed, Anguissa, Cairney; Knockaert, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic
🔑 Key stats
- Leeds finished last season unbeaten in eight home league matches (W7, D1).
- Just like their PL opener, 32 of Fulham’s league games last term saw the same HT/FT outcome
- Patrick Bamford has scored in two straight games against Fulham and notched a first-half goal on matchday one at Anfield.
- Fulham’s 81 goals conceded in 2018-19 is the most by any Premier League side since they conceded 85 back in 2013-14.
- The side playing at home has not lost any of the last eight league meetings between Leeds United and Fulham (W3 D5), winning the last three in a row.
- HOT STAT: Leeds hasn't conceded before the halftime break in any of their last nine competitive home matches.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Leeds vs Fulham live