UEFA has presented the nominees for the best coach of the 2019/20 season, with Hans-Dieter flick (Bayern Munich), Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool), and Julian Nagelsmann (RB Leipzig) are up for the prize.
Why these three?
- Bayern under flick won the treble last season, winning the German League and Cup, as well as the Champions League.
- Liverpool became English Champions in the 2019/20 season and also won the European Super Cup.
- Nagelsmann brought Leipzig to the first in the history of the club to the Champions League semifinals.
The winner will be named during the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League draw ceremony in Nyon on 1st October.
Who are the other nominees?
- Thomas Tuchel (Paris Saint-Germain) – 76 votes
- Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta) – 68 votes
- Julen Lopetegui (Sevilla) – 57 votes
- Rudi Garcia (Lyon) – 32 votes
- Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid) – 25 votes
- Josep Guardiola (Manchester City) – 11 votes
- Antonio Conte (Inter) – 9 votes
Take A Look At: Lewandowski, De Bruyne and Neuer to fight for UEFA Award