The 2021 AFCON dream is well within reach for the nations that have done what has needed to be done.
While several heavyweights have live up to their respective rates, there has been some welcome surprise in other groups, where the big names of the continent are not where they should be in terms of the standings.
With three games done and three more to go for most teams, only the mighty Senegal, who have played four and won four, have sealed a place at the AFCON 2021, which is a great way to answer anyone who questions why the Teranga Lions are ranked number one in Africa.
But who is most likely to be the next ones to follow Senegal to Cameroon next year? While only Algeria, can confirm a place this evening, the rest can only move closer to the dream.
Here are all the leaders from Group A to L.
- Guinea lead Mali with a single point and an extra match played.
- Burkina Faso lead Uganda on goal difference.
- Ghana lead SA with three points.
- Gabon lead Gambia with three points.
- Morocco ahead of Mauritania with two points and a game in hand.
- Mozambique lead Cape Verde with a point.
- Comoros ahead of Egypt with three points and an extra match played.
- Algeria lead Zimbabwe with five points.
- Senegal won the group while Congo trail second with six points behind.
- Tunisia lead Equatorial Guinea with three points and a game in hand.
- Madagascar ahead of Ivory Coat on goal difference.
- Nigeria lead Benin with a single point.
View: Full Group Standings