In every team, there is always a player who draws fouls from the opposition players.
These players are some of the best for their teams as they are closely marked as opponents aim to stop them from orchestrating plays for their sides.
In the Premier League, Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish was the most fouled player last season, being brought down a staggering 167 times, 47 more times than anyone else; England remaining the most fouled player this season after being brought down 36 times already.
The second most fouled player this season in the league is Liverpool’s Sadio Mane who has earned his side 28 fouls with Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, who is currently out after testing positive for Covid, being the third-most fouled player in the Premier League on 24.
Behind them is Brighton full-back Tariq Lamptey and Villa centre back Ezri Konsa who have been fouled 22 times so is Newcastle United’s Allan Saint-Maxim.
Palace has another player in the top ten list of the most fouled players in winger Eberechi Eze, who joined from QPR for £19.5million this summer; the player felled 20 times already in his first season in the English top flight.
The Top ten most fouled players in the PL as revealed by Daily Mail.
- Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)/36
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)/28
- Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)/24
- Tariq Lamptey (Brighton)/22
- Konsa Ngoyo (Aston Villa)/22
- Allan Saint-Maxim (Newcastle United)/22
- Matheus Pereira (West Brom)/21
- Grady Diangana (West Brom)/20
- Eze Eberechi (Crystal Palace)/20
- James Rodriguez (Everton)/19
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)/18