It's a heavyweight clash in Germany as two Champions League round of 16 sides square off on Friday night.
Here's all you need to know in order to make the best & most well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
Sitting just outside the European places, Borussia Mönchengladbach snapped a run of four winless Bundesliga games (D3, L1) last time out when they beat Arminia Bielefeld. Both sides scored in each of the seven top-flight matches preceding that 1-0 success, indicating that clean sheets have become an issue for Marco Rose's side.
Table-toppers Bayern is on a club-record run of eight Bundesliga games in which they conceded first (W5, D3), also creating a new Bundesliga record of avoiding defeat in eight straight games after going behind. The visitors have won five of their last six Bundesliga away games, winning the second-half in the last four.
With each one of Bayern’s away league games this season featuring goals at both ends, we could be in for rich entertainment once more.
🔮 Predicted XIs
⚫️ Gladbach (4-5-1):
Sommer; Lainer, Elvedi, Ginter, Bensebaini; Plea, Stindl, Kramer, Neuhaus, Hofmann; Embolo
🔴 Bayern (4-2-3-1):
Neuer; Süle, Boateng, Alaba, Davies; Goretzka, Kimmich; Coman, Müller, Sané; Lewandowski
🔑 Key betting stats
- Gladbach has spurned a league-high 16 points from winning positions already this season.
- In their last 75 games, Bayern has failed to score on only two occasions, both against Leipzig.
- Bayern has been trailing in their last eight games - a club record - but have fought back to earn 18 points in that sequence.
- Bayern has won 15 of their last 17 away matches in the Bundesliga.
- All of Bayern's away matches in the Bundesliga this season have featured goals at both ends.
- Manuel Neuer will draw level with Oliver Kahn on 196 Bundesliga shutouts if he keeps a clean sheet here, although he has failed to do so in his last nine outings.
- Lars Stindl has scored the match opener in four of his five goalscoring Bundesliga games for Gladbach.
- Robert Lewandowski has scored twice for Bayern in each of his last three league games.
- Gladbach has been involved in the joint-second highest number of league games with a red card this season (three).
💰 Futaa recommends:
🔮 PREDICTION: Mönchengladbach 1-2 Bayern
📲 Follow Mönchengladbach vs Bayern live