The Premier League is back in action with an important match today as Manchester City host a feisty Crystal Palace outfit at the Etihad Stadium.
Here's all you need to know ahead of the match in order to make well-informed picks with betPawa.
📄 Match preview
Crystal Palace are in 13th place in the Premier League standings at the moment and have been largely inconsistent this season. The Eagles held Arsenal to an impressive 0-0 stalemate during the week and will want to put in a similar performance over the weekend.
With Manchester United and Liverpool locking horns this weekend, Manchester City can potentially make significant progress with their title bid on Sunday. Pep Guardiola's side edged Brighton to a narrow 1-0 victory against Brighton in its previous game and have a point to prove in this fixture.
🔮 Team news
Manchester City are again without Sergio Aguero for the visit of Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Sunday. The striker is isolating after being identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
Centre-backs Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake are out with muscular injuries but Eric Garcia is available again after overcoming coronavirus.
Cityzens - (4-2-3-1): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Mendy; Rodri, Gundogan; Foden, De Bruyne, Sterling; Jesus
The Eagles - (4-4-2): Guaita; Ward, Tomkins, Kouyate, Mitchell; Townsend, McArthur, Milivojevic, Eze; Benteke, Zaha
🔑 Key betting stats
- Manchester City have won six of their 10 Premier League games at home against Crystal Palace (D3 L1), though they are without a win in each of their last two (D1 L1). In Pep Guardiola’s league managerial career, he has never gone winless in three consecutive home matches against an opponent.
- The home team has not won any of the last five Premier League matches between Manchester City and Crystal Palace (D2 L3) since a 5-0 win for City at the Etihad in September 2017.
- Crystal Palace are looking to become the first team to win away against both Manchester clubs (City and United) in a single Premier League season since Liverpool in 2008/09. The last London club to do so in the top-flight were Arsenal in 1990/91.
- Manchester City have won each of their last four Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 11 in the competition. No side has kept more Premier League clean sheets this season than the Cityzens (8).
- Kevin De Bruyne has been involved in eight goals in 10 Premier League games against Crystal Palace (2 goals, 6 assists); only against Southampton (2 goals, 7 assists) has the Belgian been directly involved in more goals in the competition.
💰 Futaa value bet
📲 Follow Man City vs Crystal Palace live on Futaa!