Juve is playing catchup in the title race but when you've got Cristiano firing on all cylinders, there's always a chance.
The defending champions find themselves seven points adrift of league leaders Milan but they can cut the gap to four points and leapfrog Roma into third place with a win this Saturday.
🏟 Match preview
Juve is in hot pursuit of a sixth consecutive victory on Saturday night when they host fellow Scudetto title challengers Roma.
Paolo Fonseca's visitors have bounced back impressively after derby defeat to Lazio and an embarrassing cup exit to post two consecutive Serie A wins in the last fortnight. Their free-scoring ways have returned too, with seven goals in those two victories.
Juventus’ first run of five competitive wins for over a year means that they head into this encounter in good shape. Most notably for Andrea Pirlo's team, they've made huge defensive strides recently, with their tally of 18 goals conceded in 19 matches neing the most miserly in the country.
🌟 Players to watch
🇵🇹 Cristiano Ronaldo
Not only because he turned 36 on Friday, but because the great man is in fine goal-scoring form. The Juve talisman has scored 15 goals in 16 top-flight appearances this term, and he scored a brace last time out against Inter in the Coppa Italia.
Against the Giallorossi, Ronaldo - a man who will be aware of such individual records - will look to avoid going four consecutive league games without scoring for the first time since November 2017 when he was a Real Madrid player.
🇦🇲 Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Not many would have envisaged the Armenian playmaker's incredible rejuvenation with Roma. Unwanted by Arsenal, Mkhitaryan has nine goals & eight assists in Serie A this term and has become Roma's creative heartbeat.
🔮 Likely XIs
⚫️ Juventus (4-4-2):
Szczęsny; Cuadrado, De Ligt, Bonucci, Danilo; McKennie, Arthur, Rabiot, Chiesa; Morata, Ronaldo
🐺 Roma (3-4-2-1):
Mirante; Mancini, Ibañez, Kumbulla; Kardsorp, Villar, Veretout, Spinazzola; Mkhitaryan, Cristante; Mayoral
🔑 Key stats
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored exactly twice in three of his last four Serie A goalscoring outings.
- Juventus have scored 44.44% (eight) of their 18 home goals beyond the 75th minute and are one of only four sides to win a home league game when trailing at the interval.
- Juve has scored at least twice in each of their last five matches in all competitions.
- Juve is undefeated in 36 of their last 38 home matches in Serie A.
- Roma has netted over 2.5 goals in eight of their last nine Serie A wins since the start of November.
- Roma's last six matches have all one over 2.5 goals, with their last two producing a total of 11 goals.
- Borja Mayoral has scored five goals across Roma’s last five top-flight matches, with four arriving before the break.
💶 Futaa best bet: Juve win & over 2.5 goals
📲 Follow Juventus vs Roma live