Inter Milan’s quest for the Serie A title continues this weekend as they welcome Lazio to the San Siro today.
The Nerazzurri are currently second, just two points behind leaders and rivals AC Milan as the pair fight to end Juventus’ monopoly of the Scudetto over the past nine years.
🏟 Match preview
Inter Milan have been quite impressive in the ongoing Serie A campaign, having gone toe to toe with local rivals AC Milan for the title while also staying clear of defending champions Juventus for a long time. However, the Nerazzurri have also disappointed with their tendency to slip-up in the crucial moments, which was once again prevalent in the Coppa Italia semi-finals, where Juventus got past them to reach the final.
Lazio, on the other hand, made a slow start to the 2020/21 season and were initially lagging behind in the top four race for a long time, although their performances in the UEFA Champions League has promised a lot. Their form in domestic football, though, has been on the rise as well since the turn of the year, with Simone Inzaghi’s men losing just once in nine games, with six wins and a draw in Serie A.
The reverse fixture, played at Stadio Olimpico back in October, saw Inter Milan and Lazio play out a 1-1 draw, with Lautaro Martinez and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic on target, while Ciro Immobile and Stefano Sensi saw red.
🔮 Likely XIs
Inter Milan possible starting lineup:
Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Martinez, Lukaku
Lazio possible starting lineup:
Reina; Patric, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Alberto, Marusic; Correa, Immobile
🔑 Key stats
- Lazio are unbeaten in three of their last four Serie A meetings with Inter Milan (W2 D1) after having earned only one point in their previous five outings.
- Inter Milan could keep five consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time since April 2018. The last time an Antonio Conte side did that was back in November 2016 (Chelsea, six).
- Inter Milan have won each of their last seven Serie A games at the Meazza; they last won eight in a row in February 2017.
- Lazio are unbeaten in Serie A in 2021, having won six of the seven league games that they have played so far (D1).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored in just one of his last six Serie A matches (brace vs Benevento); Lazio are the side against whom the Belgian has played the most minutes in the competition without scoring any goal (263).
💶 Futaa best bet: Inter Milan win & over 2.5 goals
📲 Follow Inter Milan vs Lazio live on Futaa!