Today's Europa League draw has paired traditional giants Manchester United & AC Milan in the last 16.
This will be the 11th meeting of United & Milan in European competitions - that's just one of the facts OPTA has picked out in the wake of the draw.
There were 102 goals scored in total in the Last 32 of this season’s UEFA Europa League – the most in a single knockout round since the competition’s rebranding in 2009-10 (previously 95 goals in last season’s Last 32). What's in store in the last 16?
🏟 Man United vs AC Milan
- The first leg will be the 11th meeting between Manchester United and AC Milan in European competition, with all 10 previous meetings coming in the European Cup/Champions League.
- Manchester United have been eliminated from four of their five UEFA European knockout ties against AC Milan - no side has eliminated the Red Devils more often (also Real Madrid, 4).
🏟 Olympiacos vs Arsenal
- Olympiacos knocked Arsenal out in the Last 32 of the Europa League last season; the Gunners last suffered back-to-back eliminations against the same side in a European tournament in 2012-13 & 2013-14 against Bayern Munich (in the Champions League).
- Arsenal and Olympiakos have previously met on 10 occasions across all European competitions, with no encounter ending level and both teams winning five times each.
🏟 Slavia Prague vs Rangers
This will be Rangers' first-ever meeting with Slavia Prague in European competition; they last faced Czech opposition in the 2002-03 UEFA Cup first round, going out on away goals to Viktoria Zizkov.
🏟 Dinamo Zagreb vs Tottenham
Tottenham Hotspur and Dinamo Zagreb have met only once before in European competition; Spurs beat Dinamo 4-0 at home during the group stages of the UEFA Cup in 2008-09, a game in which Darren Bent scored a hat-trick.
⚽️ Europa League Round of 16 draw
- Manchester United vs AC Milan
- Olympiacos vs Arsenal
- Dinamo Zagreb vs Tottenham
- Slavia Prague vs Rangers
- Ajax vs Young Boys
- Roma vs Shakhtar Donetsk
- Dynamo Kyiv vs Villarreal
- Granada vs Molde
The ties will be played on March 11th and March 18th.