Every transfer window is an opportunity for African talent to realise the ultimate dreams of playing football in places like the English Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1, or at least the springboard leagues to those destinations.
While not everyone can make it to Europe’s highest levels, there is plenty of money to make to support one’s family. There is the Middle East, Asia and the United States to secure fantastic financial futures.
From the likes of Achraf Hakim to Patson Daka, here is a look at the top 10 biggest deals African players have made so far…
1. Boulaye Dia: Forward (Senegal) – to Villarreal from Stade Reims for €12 million
2. Musa Barrow: Forward (Gambia) – to Bologna from Atalanta for €14.5 million
3. Kamaldeen Sulemana: Forward (Ghana) – to Stade Rennes from Nordsjaelland €15 million
4. Danilo Pereira: Midfielder (Guinea-Bissau, plays for Portugal) – to Paris Saint-Germain from Porto for €16 million
5. Hamed Junior Traore: Midfielder (Cote d'Ivoire) – to Sassuolo from Empoli for €16 million
6. Enock Mwepu: Midfielder (Zambia) – to Brighton & Hove Albion from RB Salzburg for €23 million
7. Odilon Kossounou: Central defender (Cote d'Ivoire) – to Bayer Leverkusen from Club Brugge for €23 million
8. Marc Guehi: Central defender (Cote d'Ivoire) – to Crystal Palace from Chelsea for €23.3 million
9. Patson Daka: Striker (Zambia) – to Leicester City from RB Salzburg for €30 million
10. Achraf Hakimi: Full-back (Morocco)– to Paris Saint-Germain from Inter Milan for €60 million
Meanwhile, Futaa will be keeping a close eye on the rest of the brewing moves for African players around the globe.