Which teams won the last 10 CAF Champions League titles?
In the wake of the new 2019 CAF Champions League campaign to determine new champions, Futaa looks at the 10 most previous holders of African football’s most coveted club prize.
Rather unsurprisingly, the CAF CL title has been dominated by North African sides, but with interesting evidence that proves that Central African giants TP Mazembe has single-handedly fought a power struggle with a mix of Egyptian, Algerian and Moroccan sides.
Champions Leagues winners since 2009:
- 2009: TP Mazembe (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- 2010: TP Mazembe (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- 2011: Esperance (Tunisia)
- 2012: Al Ahly (Egypt)
- 2013: Al Ahly (Egypt)
- 2014: ES Setif (Algeria)
- 2015: TP Mazembe (Democratic Republic of Congo)
- 2016: Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)
- 2017: Wydad Casablanca (Morocco)
- 2018: Esperance (Tunisia)
Read more: CAF CL Competition Key Dates