Cristiano Ronaldo’s rape case has not been dropped according to the attorney Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who filed a rape lawsuit against the Juventus star.
Ronaldo was accused of raping Ms. Mayorga back in 2009, allegations which the former Real Madrid man denied. On Wednesday, reports emerged that the rape lawsuit against Ronaldo had been dropped. However, Larissa Drohobyczer, who is one of Ms. Mayorga's attorneys, has said that isn't the case, and that the venue of the legal charges has changed.
"The charges were not dropped. The state case was dismissed by us because we filed identical claims in federal court due to the federal court's rules on serving foreigners. We basically just switched venues, but the claims remain,” Drohobyczer told ESPN.
It is also claimed by the report that Ronaldo's agency, Gestifute, were not aware that the case was dropped.
Read More: Why Portugal is so much more than just CR7
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!