Manchester United has completed the signing of Hannibal Mejbri from French side AS Monaco the club has announced.
In a statement on their portal, Monaco said: “AS Monaco announces the transfer of Hannibal Mejbri to Manchester United.
“The young midfielder had been integrated into the U17 national group during the 2018-19 season. He now joins Manchester United, AS Monaco wishes him good luck for the rest of his career.”
Mejbri is said to have rejected late interest from Arsenal and a series of top European clubs in order to secure a dream move to Old Trafford, and the Premier League giants have reportedly agreed to pay a €10million (£9.3m) fee for his services.
Le Parisien quotes Mejbri as saying: "It is an honor. Manchester United has a great history and is also known for its youth training.
"It will allow me to progress to try to play a day with the greatest. I watched a lot of videos from the past. Big names have worn the jersey of Manchester United, it’s an honor to pass after them."
Born on January 21, 2003, in Ivry-sur-Seine, Mejbri joined Monaco in August 2018 after spells in the academy at Paris FC and AC Boulogne-Billancourt. His father, Lotfi, is a former footballer who played in Tunisia.
He is now reportedly represented by Jorge Mendes, one of the most powerful agents in football whose clientele includes Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho.
Read More: Transfer Deadline Day-Deals Done