Three Ugandan international referees have been confirmed to officiate the 2019 CECAFA U20 Championship that sis set to kick off on Saturday, September 21 in Northern Uganda.
Referee Alex Muhabi will be joined by two assistant referees – Ronald Katenya and Musa Balikowa Ngoobi.
These three are part of the 20 match officials selected from the CECAFA member countries.
Among the twenty, two confirmed officials are women. – Tanzania’s Jonesia Kabakama Rukyaa and a Kenyan international Jane Cherono Jebet.
The 10 confirmed centre referees include:
- 🇧🇮 Eric Manirakiza (Burundi)
- 🇩🇯 Dinareh Guedi (Djibouti)
- 🇰🇪 Israel Mpaima Lemayian (Kenya)
- 🇪🇹 Lemma Neguisse Hawas (Ethiopia)
- 🇪🇷 Yonas Zekarias Ghebre (Eritrea)
- 🇹🇿 Jonesia Kabakama Rukyaa (F) – (Tanzania)
- 🇹🇿 Martin Sanya Eliphas (Tanzania)
- 🇸🇩 Mahmoud Ali Mahmood Ismael (Sudan)
- 🇺🇬 Alex Muhabi (Uganda)
- 🇹🇿 Ally Mfaume Nassor (Zanzibar)
The assistants are:
- 🇰🇪 Oliver Odhiambo Omondi (Kenya)
- 🇸🇴 Ali Mahad Mahamud (Somalia)
- 🇪🇹 Yetayew Belachew Yitayew (Ethiopia)
- 🇪🇷 Michael Bereket Habte (Eritrea)
- 🇰🇪 Jane Cherono Jebet (F) – (Kenya)
- 🇹🇿 Frank John Komba (Tanzania)
- 🇸🇴 Nour Abdi Mohamed (Somalia)
- 🇺🇬 Ronald Katenya (Uganda)
- 🇸🇸 Robert Henry Duwuki Simbe (South Sudan)
- 🇺🇬 Musa Balikowa (Uganda)
The tournament is set to last for two weeks.
Read more: Thomas Partey admits he won't rule out any future possibilities despite being happy at Atletico Madrid
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!