Golden Eaglets are now set for their opening game against Hungary after the team landed in the city of Gioania, Brazil, ahead of the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup finals on Saturday.
The Group B opener will be played at the Estadio Olimpico.
Players and the officials were received by FIFA and local organizing committee officials at the airport and they were ushered into the bus that took them to their hotel at the Metropolis area of the city.
The Eaglets have been in the football –passionate South American country since October 10, in the city of Sao Paulo, where the team had their training camp and played three warm-up games against Sao Paulo U 17 side, which they lost 1-2, before defeating South Korea 4-2 and then losing by the odd goal to Japan.
The record holders of the title had their first training in Gioania Tuesday evening by 4.00 pm local time.
Nigeria, champions in 1985, 1993, 2007, 2013 and 2015 will tussle with Hungary, Australia and Ecuador in Group B of the three –week, 24–nation finals.
FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019 Groups
- GROUP A: Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, Angola
- GROUP B: Nigeria, Hungary, Ecuador, Australia
- GROUP C: Korea Republic, Haiti, France, Chile
- GROUP D: USA, Senegal, Japan, Netherlands
- GROUP E: Spain, Argentina, Tajikistan, Cameroon
- GROUP F: Solomon Islands, Italy, Paraguay, Mexico