Bafana Bafana star Percy Tau & Pitso Mosimane were among six South African names listed in this year’s prestigious CAF Awards nominations.
CAF revealed the 2019 nomination last weekend ahead of the annual December event, with Mamelodi Sundowns and Banyana Banyana flying the Mzansi flag high.
In addition to Tau & Pitso, Sundowns are also represented by goalkeeper Denis Onyango and attacking midfielder Themba Zwane.
Club Brugge’s Tau has been categorized in the African Player Of the Year, while Zwane & Onyango have been recognized for the interclubs Player of the Year.
Mosimane will be hoping for his second CAF Coach of the Year gong after walking away with it in 2016.
- Men's Coach of the Year: Pitso Mosimane
- Women's Coach of the Year: Desiree Ellis
- African Player of the Year: Percy Tau and Denis Onyango
- Interclubs Player of the Year: Themba Zwane and Denis Onyango
- Women's Player of The Year: Refiloe Jane and Thembi Kgatlana
- Women's Team of the Year: Banyana Banyana.
The nominations are still to be cut into a final shortlist before the event takes place in December.