Xavi Hernandez has said his inexperience in professional management was one the reasons why he turned down Barcelona's offer to take over from Ernesto Valverde.
The former midfielder was approached late last week after it became evident the club would relieve Valverde of his duties, following a not-so-impressive season so far.
Barcelona lost to Atletico Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup semifinals in Saudi Arabia last week on Thursday, in a match that proved last for the former Athletic Bilbao man.
Speaking about the offer, the current Al Sadd manager said the offer was tempting, but noted it came a bit too soon.
"Yes, I received an offer from Barcelona in the presence of Eric Abidal and Oscar Grau here in Doha but I did not accept it, especially because it's too soon for me to coach Barcelona," he said.
"But it will continue to be a dream of mine in the future to manage Barca,"
He then revealed how he handled the news, especially having turned down what seemed like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
"First I told my family and then the players because they had been monitoring the situation," he said.
"For the past three days I wasn't in the best position but now I'm fully focused on Al Sadd."
The world cup winner then revealed his admiration for Barcelona's new manager Quique Setien, wishing him the very best.
"I love Barca's new coach, love the way he works and I hope he has success with the team."
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!