KCB 1-2 Bandari FC: Ten-Man KCB falls in Machakos

KCB 1-2 Bandari FC: Ten-Man KCB falls in Machakos

Bandari FC has done a double over KCB this season following their 2-1 win over the bankers at the Kenyatta Stadium-Machakos on Sunday. 

Bandari started brightly but looked shaky every time Bandari attacked with Enock Agwanda causing them all sorts of problems. The former Sony man almost put the hosts into the lead after getting to some loose ball in the seventh minute but defender Bernard Ochieng was up to the task of blocking his goalbound effort.

Captain Michael Kibwage was the next to trouble the Bandari defence with his header, from a corner, hitting the crossbar in the 16th minute. Agwanda came back again in the 29th minute, this time his shot being too heavy for Ndikumana but the keeper reacted quickly to prevent an embarrassment after his saved effort almost turned into a soft goal; both teams heading into the break with no one seeing the better of the other.

If the first half belonged to KCB, the second half was Bandari's. Minutes after Agwanda had threatened the visitors' goal, the visitors took the lead through John Mwita in the 58th minute. The goal came after Danson Chetambe had pulled a defence-splitting pass that had left the KCB defence napping allowing Mwita to slot home from close range.

Two minutes later, Mwita doubled his and Bandari’s lead after the KCB defence had a wrong offside trap for the striker. A long ball from the Bandari half fell to Mwita with the former Sony Sugar man squeezing the ball past Andika who had raced off his line to thwart the danger.

Coach Twahir Muhiddin-after the goals-then threw in Darius Msagha for Shaban Kenga to steady his midfield which needed some boost. The change, however, did less in preventing KCB from pulling a goal back through defender Dennis Odhiambo after some unselfish pass from Mutinda.

Cliff Kasuti was to be withdrawn for Dan Guya as defender Pascal Ogweno received his marching orders for an elbow on goalscorer Mwita.