Former Arsenal midfielder Carlos Vela continued with his fine start to this MLS season by scoring in LA Galaxy's 3-3 draw against Philadelphia Union on Sunday.
Philadelphia had taken the lead through Sergio Santos' 25-yard stunner but Vela restored parity with a wonderful free-kick.
Jakob Glesnes' spectacular 40-yard free-kick restored Philadelphia's lead early in the second half, only for Diego Rossi to curl in a fine equalizer for Los Angeles.
After Brenden Aaronson again put the visitors ahead, Eddie Segura earned his side a point with a 71st-minute equalizer.
His goal saw him become the third-quickest player to score 50 goals in MLS history, reaching the milestone in 61 games.
Meanwhile, newbies, Inter Miami got their first goal in the league though Rodolfo Pizarro but it wasn’t enough from preventing them to a 2-1 loss at the hands of DC United.
MLS Week Two Results
- New England 1-1 Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake 1-1 New York RB
- Dallas 2-2 Montreal Impact
- DC United 2-1 Inter Miami
- Toronto 1-0 New York City
- Atlanta United 2-1 Cincinnati
- SJ Earthquakes 2-5 Minnesota United
- Sporting KC 4-0 Houston Dynamo
- Colorado Rapids 2-1 Orlando City
- LA Galaxy 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps
- Seattle Sounders 1-1 Colombus Crew
- Portland Timbers 1-0 Nashville SC
- Los Angeles 3-3 Philadelphia Union