Defending European Champions Liverpool got dumped out of the Champions League at the round of 16 stage by a spirited Atlético Madrid side, and PSG got the job done to advance ahead of Borussia Dortmund 3-2 on aggregate.
Here are the best facts & figures emerging from a thrilling evening.
📲 Wednesday's Champions League numbers
- For only the second time in Liverpool's history, the Reds have scored 2+ goals in a home European encounter and suffered a defeat (also 2-3 v Udinese in 2012 in the Europa League), surrendering a two-goal lead to lose on home soil in Europe for the first time.
- This was the first time Liverpool have failed to progress from a two-legged tie in European competition (inc. qualifiers) under Jurgen Klopp, having previously been successful in each of the previous 10.
- Liverpool has fallen at the last 16 stage of the Champions League for the first time since 2006 (v Benfica), also as the reigning champions after lifting the trophy in 2005 at this season’s final destination – Istanbul.
- Marcos Llorente is only the second-ever Atletico player to score twice as a substitute in a Champions League game after Sergio Agüero vs Chelsea in November 2009.
- Since the start of the 2017-18 campaign, Liverpool's goalkeepers have made more errors leading to goals in the Champions League than any other team's keepers in this period (Four - Adrian (one) + Karius (three).
- There were just 167 seconds between Roberto Firmino's goal for Liverpool and Marcos Llorente's strike for Atlético Madrid.
- PSG has reached the quarter-final of the Champions League for the sixth time (1994/95, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2019/20), more than any other French team.
- Neymar has been directly involved in 38 goals in 28 home Champions League appearances (20 for Barcelona, eight for PSG), scoring 26 goals and assisting 12.
📲 Follow LASK vs Man United live on Futaa!