Many pundits and fans alike consider Manchester United's 2008 vintage to be the best Red Devils outfit of the Premier League era.
United won the title with 87 points, depending off stern opposition from Arsenal & Chelsea who ended up with 85 and 83 points respectively. They then defeated Chelsea in the Champions League final in Moscow to complete an impressive European double.
🔥 Attacking trio
Cristiano Ronaldo (31), Wayne Rooney (12) & Carlos Tevez (14) contributed 57 of United's 80 Premier League goals in the 2007-08 season, a tally that represented 71% of their season total.
⚔️ Defensive solidity
Rio Ferdinand & Nemanja Vidić marshalled a back four that conceded just 22 goals throughout the entire season. It was a legendary pairing with each player getting the very best out of one another and it was the bedrock of this team's success, ahead of Edwin van der Sar in goal.
📊 Best United 2007-08 stats
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored 31 goals in 34 Premier League appearances.
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the fifth different player to score at least 30 goals in a single Premier League campaign and was the first Man United player to do so in a top-flight season since Denis Law in 1963-64.
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored 42 times across all competitions.
- Wayne Rooney scored 12 goals & provided 10 assists in the Premier League, making him the only player in the division to register double figures for both metrics.
- United conceded 22 goals in the Premier League, only Chelsea in 2004-05 (15) and Arsenal in 1998-99 (17) have conceded fewer in a top-flight campaign.
What a team and a great dose of Monday motivation!