African match officials have joined forces to start the #Stayfit campaign in a bid to keep up their fitness after football activities were suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A video was released that showed referees and assistant referees highlight the importance of keeping active all while fighting against the Covid19 virus.
The participants in the video are as follows:
- Victor Gomes (South Africa)
- Daniel Laryea (Ghana)
- Papa Bakary Gassama (Gambia)
- Bamlak Tessema (Ethiopia)
- Mustapha Ghorbal (Algeria)
- Maguette Ndiaye (Senegal)
- Elvis Guy Noupue (Cameroon)
- Jerson Emiliano Dos Santos (Angola)
- Dorsaf Ganouati (Tunisia)
- Christelle Aurore Ligan (Benin)
- Felicia Okwugba Okonji (Nigeria) – CAF Instructor
“It is very important for the referees to continue exercising on their own during this period of no activity. It will help their fitness level and put them in good shape once football returns.
"The CAF Refereeing Department is in constant touch with the referees, advice on training regimes as well reminding them to observe the preventive protocols,” said CAF Refereeing Director, Eddy Maillet.