Borussia Monchengladbach can take a huge step towards qualifying for the UEFA Champions League next season if they win away to Freiburg on Friday night.
Gladbach are fourth on the Bundesliga standings with 56 points, two off third-placed RB Leipzig on 58.
Their 4-1 win last time out against Union Berlin was a welcoming relief after dropping points in their last two matches, prior to the home win.
Their hosts, on the other hand, are winless in their last four matches, and lost their last match at home to Bayer Leverkusen.
Ahead of the tie, here are some facts and statistics.
- This will be the 36th Bundesliga meeting between Freiburg and Borussia
- Of the 36, Freiburg have won 12 of matches, with Borussia winning 11 times, along with 12 draws
- Of the last 16 Bundesliga matches between the side, Freiburg and Gladbach have each won six
- The home team didn’t lose in any of these 16 meetings
- Gladbach scored four goals in a 4-2 win earlier this season
- Eleven of Freiburg’s 12 Bundesliga wins against Gladbach have come at home
- They haven’t celebrated as many home wins against any other side.
- Gladbach currently have 56 points - one more than they had at the end of last season (55)
- With 56 points from 29 games, the Foals are having their best ever Bundesliga season in 36 yrs
- They last had as many points at this stage of a season in 1983/84 (57 back then)
- Gladbach are unbeaten in their last five Bundesliga away games (W3, D2) - they last went on a similar run at the end of 2014/15 (7 games).
- Florian Neuhaus’ opening goal against Union Berlin was Borussia’s 3,000th Bundesliga goal
- Bayern, Dortmund and Bremen are the only other sides to also reach this milestone in the top flight
- Freiburg are still on the hunt for their first win following the enforced break
- Only Union Berlin (1) and Schalke (0) have taken fewer points in this timeframe.
- Freiburg failed to score in both their last two home games - they last managed this in Aug/Sep 2017
- SCF last failed to score in more consecutive games at home in 2009/10 (6 games)