More than a year after a qualifying tie against Northern Irish opponents Crusaders on 25 July 2019, Nuno Espírito Santo's Wolves now face Europa League veterans Sevilla in the quarterfinals.
Here's how we see it with a brief match preview and some key betting insights.
Wolves will travel to Duisburg for a quarter-final clash with Sevilla, the most successful team in the competition’s history. The Andalusians have lifted the trophy five times, twice under its old guise as the UEFA Cup and a hat-trick of wins between 2014 & 2016. Sevilla's 4th-place finish in LaLiga, coupled with their win against Roma in the previous round, makes them odds-on favourites here.
Wolves, for their past, will have to improve on subpar showings against Olympiacos that saw them narrowly advance 2-1 on aggregate thanks to the prolific Mexican Raúl Jiménez's 27th goal of the season in all competitions.
🧩 Wolves vs Sevilla key details
- 🗓 11 August 2020
- 🏟 Veltins-Arena
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
🐺 Wolves (3-5-2):
Patrício; Boly, Coady, Saïss; Doherty, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Neves, Vinagre; Jiménez, Traoré
🍊 Sevilla (4-3-3):
Bounou; Navas, Carlos, Koundé, Reguilón; Jordán, Fernando, Banega; Suso, En-Nesyri, Ocampos
🔑 Key betting facts
- 11 of Wolves' last 12 competitive games featured under 2.5 goals.
- Wolves' last five competitive matches witnessed the same HT/FT result.
- Five-time competition winners Sevilla is on an 18-match unbeaten run (W9, D9 - in all competitions) after beating Roma 2-0 to reach this stage.
- Five of Sevilla's last seven wins have been accompanied by clean sheets.
- Six of Sevilla's nine UEL matches this term were goalless at halftime and only two of their games saw both teams score.
- Sevilla keeps it tight and strikes late in Europeancgames - they are yet to concede before 55’ and six of their ten second-half goals this campaign came on or after 75’.
- Raúl Jiménez, who scored the winner for Wolves against Olympiacos, has netted 19 of his 27 competitive goals this term in the second half of matches.
- Youssef En-Nesyri scored the game’s final goal in two of Sevilla’s last three UEL matches.
- Sevilla is unbeaten against English clubs in UEL H2Hs (W3, D2).