Arsenal faces a second London Derby in two games when they welcome West Ham to the Emirates Stadium for their first home match of the new season.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
West Ham's next six fixtures aren't kind: Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham, Man City, and Liverpool, and they lost 2-0 at home to Newcastle on opening day. Arsenal opened up with an impressive 3-0 win away to Fulham and they'll be confident against a West Ham side with only one win in their last five on the road.
Arsenal has won four of the last five head to heads, while the home side on the day has won four of the last five meetings. It's unlikely that Mikel Arteta will make any changed to his side that outplayed Fulham on the opening weekend, although Granit Xhaka is a slight doubt after limping off at Craven Cottage. Debutant Willian was particularly impressive, the Brazilian provided two assists and was also heavily involved in the opener.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🔴 Arsenal (3-4-3):
Leno; Holding, Gabriel, Tierney; Bellerin, Elneny, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles; Willian, Lacazette, Aubameyang
🔨 West Ham (4-2-3-1):
Fabianski; Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell; Soucek, Rice; Bowen, Noble, Anderson; Haller
🔑 Key stats
- Arsenal has won 10 of their last 11 home matches against West Ham across all competitions.
- Arsenal has been drawing at half time and winning at full time in their last three home matches against West Ham in all competitions.
- West Ham has failed to win nine of their last 10 away matches in the Premier League.
- Arsenal is unbeaten in their last 25 competitive games played in the month of September (W20, D5).
- Since winning away to Arsenal in 2015-16, the Hammers have lost five straight competitive head-to-heads at Arsenal, despite four of those being level at the halftime break.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s goal last time out made him the first Arsenal player since Robert Pires (2004-05) to score in consecutive Premier League season openers.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored eight goals in his last six appearances for Arsenal including in each of their last four matches.
- West Ham boss David Moyes has never won away to Arsenal as a manager in any competition, drawing four and losing 15 of his 19 visits.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Arsenal vs West Ham live