The Bundesliga is back in action this weekend with an important fixture as Borussia Dortmund travel to Augsburg for their second league game of the season.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
The Black and Yellows kickstarted their 2020/21 campaign with a thumping 3-0 win over Borussia Monchengladbach. However, they often look sluggish away from home, especially against a counter-attacking team, and with Bayern Munich in a sizzling run of form, a win could be imperative for Lucien Favre’s men.
The Swiss mastermind is already facing an uncertain future at Dortmund, with this being the last year of his contract. Failing to secure a single major trophy could likely result in his departure come the end of the season.
Augsburg, meanwhile, also started the campaign well, sealing a comfortable 3-1 victory over Union Berlin in the opening fixture.
Although the Bavarians are mainly looking to just survive the wrath of relegation, they cannot afford to let clubs like Dortmund steamroll past them, so it won’t be surprising to see Heiko Herrlich’s men coming up with a more aggressive approach.
🔮 Predicted XIs
Augsburg (4-4-2): Gikiewicz; Framberger, Uduokhai, Gouweleeuw, Iago; Caligiuri, Khedira, Gruezo, Vargas; Gregoritsch, Niederlechner
BvB (3-4-3): Burki; Akanji, Hummels, Can; Meunier, Bellingham, Witsel, Passlack; Sancho, Haaland, Reyna
🔑 Key betting stats
- Augsburg have conceded more Bundesliga goals against Dortmund (48) than any other Bundesliga club.
- Herrlich spent nine years at Dortmund as a player, winning two Bundesliga titles.
- Gregoritsch, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Schalke, ended a run of 13 Bundesliga matches without a goal last time out. It was his first league strike for Augsburg since 11 May 2019.
- Dortmund beat Augsburg 5-1 at home and 5-3 away last season.
- Haaland came off the bench to score a 20-minute hat-trick in the latter fixture. He was 19 at the time, and still ranks as the youngest player in Bundesliga history to score three times in one match.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Augsburg vs Borussia Dortmund live