It was another weekend of thrilling football drama and results from leagues across Europe.
Bayern Munich and Manchester City suffered heavy defeats with Cristiano Ronaldo continuing with his scoring form. But what were the stats that mattered in the games?
- It was the first-ever time a Pep Guardiola-managed side has conceded five goals - in 686 games.
- Only two people have ever scored a hat-trick against a Guardiola-managed team - Lionel Messi (in the 2016-17 Champions League) and Jamie Vardy, who has done it twice.
- Leicester City is the first side in PL history to score three goals from the penalty spot in a single game.
- Chelsea became the first PL team since West Ham in February 2011 to avoid defeat after trailing by three or more goals at half time.
- Brighton’s Leandro Trossard is the first player to hit the woodwork three times in a PL match since Cristiano Ronaldo vs Newcastle United in October 2006.
- Ronaldo has scored in both the first two league games of the season for the fourth time in his career, after 2009, 2011 and 2014.
- Filippo Inzaghi's Benevento is the first newly-promoted side to score 3+ in their first game of a Serie A season since Juventus back in 2007.
- Inter have won six league games after being in a trailing position post the 85th minute of play, more than any other side in the history of Serie A.
- Since the start of the 2019-20 season, no team have faced more penalties than Juventus in Serie A.
- AC Milan is on a 17-match unbeaten run (W13, D4) in all competitions, their longest since 1996 when under Fabio Capello they went 27 unbeaten.
- Ronaldo is the first player in history to score 450 league goals across Europe's top-five leagues.
- Luis Suarez is the first player to score and assist on his La Liga debut for Atletico Madrid in the 21st century. He is also the first-ever debutant to score a brace for Atletico.
- Real Madrid conceded two goals in the first half of a La Liga match for the first time since October 2018, when they lost 5-1 to Barcelona at Camp Nou.
- No La Liga player has scored more headed goals than Sevilla's Luuk de Jong (five) since the start of last season (all competitions), four of those were assisted by Jesus Navas.
- Ansu Fati has scored seven La Liga goals in 2020; only Lionel Messi (12) has scored more for Barcelona this calendar year.
- Messi has become the fourth player in La Liga history to score in 17 consecutive seasons, after Agustín 'Piru' Gaínza (19), Carlos Alonso 'Santillana' (17) and Sergio Ramos (17).
- This is the first time in six years that Hoffenheim has finished atop the Bundesliga table, last doing so on the first matchday of the 2014-15 season.
- Schalke have lost their first two Bundesliga matches with one goal scored and 11 conceded. This is the worst ever record of any Bundesliga side ever after two match days. They sacked their manager, David Wagner, on Sunday.
- The last time both Bayern and Dortmund lost in the same Bundesliga match-week was the last game of the 2017-18 season (May 12, 2018). Bayern lost 4-1 to Stuttgart and Hoffenheim beat Dortmund 3-1.
(Stats courtesy: ESPN Stats and Information Group)