Pep Guardiola's quest for a first Champions League crown with Manchester City continues today as the Citizens welcome Porto to the Etihad for their inaugural clash of the 2020-21 tournament.
The hosts head into the Group C tie following a hard-fought 1-0 win over Arsenal at the weekend, whereas Porto's showdown with fellow Portuguese powerhouses Sporting Lisbon ended all square.
🧩 Manchester City vs FC Porto key details
- 🗓 21 October 2020
- 🏟 Etihad Stadium
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
🖊 Match preview
The Cityzens are the strongest side in Group C and will want to pick up a victory in this game.
FC Porto have been fairly inconsistent this season and are yet to meet expectations in the Primeira Liga. The Portuguese outfit has a talented squad and will face an uphill task today.
Manchester City have not enjoyed the best of starts to their season but a 1-0 victory against Mikel Arteta's Arsenal will hold the home side in good stead going into this game. Pep Guardiola will want to put his Champions League failures with the club behind him and launch yet another attempt at winning the coveted trophy in the coming months.
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Manchester City Predicted XI (4-3-3):
Ederson; Joao Cancelo, Nathan Ake, Ruben Dias, Kyle Walker; Fernandinho, Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden; Ferran Torres, Raheem Sterling, Sergio Aguero
Porto Predicted XI (4-3-3):
Augustin Marchesin; Zaidu Sanusi, Pepe, Chancel Mbemba, Wison Manafa; Sergi Oliveira, Mateus Uribe, Felipe Anderson; Otavio, Moussa Marega, Jesus Corona
🔑 Key betting facts
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in eight of Porto's last 10 games (Champions League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man City's last four games (Champions League).
- Man City conceded in 100% of their last seven Champions League fixtures.
- Porto’s last four games averaged 4.5 goals per 90 minutes.
- Man City averaged 3.3 goals per game across their last nine UCL home matches.
- Man City won 11 of their last 13 home fixtures in all competitions.