Injury-hit Liverpool looks to stretch their unbeaten home Premier League record to 47 matches when they host West Ham United on Saturday.
Here's our match preview.
🗞 Match context
The Reds haven't been at their best, but have won their last three games, including a perfect start to their UEFA Champions League group.
Liverpool were tested last weekend in the Premier League by a plucky Sheffield United side, but came through it, with Diogo Jota scoring the winner in a 2-1 win for Jurgen Klopp's side.
West Ham United, on the other hand, have got two very creditable results in the last two weeks. They followed up that incredible 3-3 draw against Tottenham Hotspur with a resilient defensive performance to draw 1-1 against Manchester City.
🔮 Likely starting XIs
Liverpool possible starting lineup:
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Williams, Robertson; Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Mane
West Ham United possible starting lineup:
Fabianski; Coufal, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Masuaku; Bowen, Rice, Soucek, Fornals; Haller
🔑 Key facts
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games against West Ham (W6 D2), since losing both meetings with the Hammers in the 2015-16 campaign.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 47 away league games against Liverpool (D12 L34), winning 3-0 in August 2015.
- West Ham have lost 21 of their 24 Premier League away games against reigning champions (W1 D2), with their only victory coming in December 2001 against Manchester United at Old Trafford (1-0).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 62 Premier League home games (W51 D11), winning 28 of their last 29 at Anfield. If they avoid defeat here, it will equal the Reds’ longest-ever unbeaten home run in their league history (63 between February 1978-December 1980).
- Liverpool have received more red cards on Halloween than any other side in the Premier League (3).
- Having lost their opening two Premier League games this season, West Ham are now unbeaten in their last four (W2 D2), with that four-game unbeaten run coming against sides who finished in the top seven places last season.
- Both Sadio Mané (5 goals, 3 assists) and Mohamed Salah (6 goals, 2 assists) have been involved in eight goals in six Premier League appearances for Liverpool against West Ham, with Mané finding the net in each of his last four against the Hammers.
- West Ham boss David Moyes has never won in 15 previous Premier League away games against Liverpool (D6 L9) – only Moyes himself (17 v Arsenal) has overseen more away games against a side without a victory in the competition.
- Michail Antonio has scored 11 goals in his last 13 Premier League games for West Ham. In total, he’s netted 39 in the competition, with only three players netting more for the Hammers (Paolo Di Canio 47, Mark Noble 46, Carlton Cole 41).
- Diogo Jota has scored in both of his Premier League games for Liverpool at Anfield, the last player to score in each of their first three at home for the Reds in the competition was Luis García in October 2004.
📲 Follow Liverpool vs West Ham live on Futaa!