With the defending champions already qualified as Group A winners, Atletico Madrid needs to c come out on the front foot against a second-string Bayern Munich outfit in Madrid tonight.
Here are all of the relevant betting facts & figures so that you can make well-informed picks.
🗞 Match context
Diego Simeone's side is flying in LaLiga, unbeaten after nine games this season and just one point off the summit of the table with two games in hand on leaders Real Sociedad. Their old defensive stubbornness has returned in a big way; Rojiblancos have conceded just two goals in nine LaLiga outings this term.
However, clean sheets have been much harder to come by for Atleti in the Champions League, with just one shutout in four games. With European champions Bayern already sealing up top spot in the group and with Atlético's need for points much more desperate, the hosts are understandably favourites with the bookies.
Both sides have scored in Bayern's last seven matches across all competitions and that fact alone makes it a tempting bet, even considering Atlético's defensive record of late. If Bayern's "second-string" side contains five World Cup winners, it's hard to bet against them getting on the score sheet at the least.
🔮 Likely XIs
🔴 Atlético (4-4-2):
Oblak; Trippier, Savić, Giménez, Hermoso; Llorente, Saúl Ñíguez, Koke, Carrasco; Félix, Lemar
⚪️ Bayern (4-2-3-1):
Nübel; Pavard, Boateng, Süle, Hernandez; Martínez, Alaba; Sané, Müller, Costa; Choupo-Moting
🔑 Key betting facts
- Atlético has won each of the previous two games they’ve hosted against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League, with both victories coming by a 1-0 scoreline in 2016.
- Atlético Madrid is unbeaten in 12 UEFA Champions League home games (W9, D3).
- Six of those nine wins came against opposition from a top-five European domestic league, ending 1-0 or 2-0.
- Atlético has won six consecutive LaLiga matches.
- Both teams have scored in three of Atletico's four UCL matches this season.
- Both teams have scored in Bayern's last seven matches in all competitions, and in each of their last three in the UCL.
- Uruguayan duo Luis Suárez and Lucas Torreira will miss out for Atlético until they return negative COVID tests.
- The first eight meetings between pot 1 and pot 2 teams in this UCL group stage averaged 2.63 total goals per game.
- João Félix hit a second-half double in Atlético’s last UCL home win. He has since reached 50 career goals, of which 30% have been match-winners.
🧠 Futaa bets
📲 Follow Atlético Madrid vs Bayern live