Edinson Cavani has won his first club award as a Manchester United player after his goal against Everton was voted goal of the month by fans.
The Uruguayan arrived at Old Trafford in the summer and has since settled in well, playing a key role as United ascended the Premier League and reached the semifinals of the Carabao Cup.
Cavani broke the deadlock in the 88th minute against Everton in the Carabao Cup quarter-final match against Everton in their last match just before Christmas.
It seemed like the winning goal before Anthony Martial scored with virtually the last kick of the match to send United through to the last four.
1. Cavani's goal vs Everton— ManUtdSense (@SensibleUtd) December 29, 2020
— 10 passes around the back
— Martial drops deep & into space
— Maguire breaks lines to find Martial
— Cavani stays on the shoulder of defense
— Martial plays in Cavani who finds the back of the netpic.twitter.com/SEdN2FRNA9
The goal was his fourth in United colours, with his first coming against the same opponents in the Premier League.
He will, however, miss the semi-final match against Manchester City after he was handed a three-match ban for a racially offensive post on social media.
Marcus Rashford's first goal of his brace against Sheffield United came second in the poll, while Scott McTominay's second strike against Leeds United coming in third.
Goal of the Month poll
- Cavani v Everton: 31%
- Rashford (1st) v Sheffield Utd: 16%
- McTominay (2nd) v Leeds United: 15%
- Greenwood v West Ham: 11%
- Fernandes v Leicester: 8%
- Galton v Bristol City Women: 7%
- Pellistri v Southampton U23s: 5%
- Heath v Bristol City Women: 2%
- Galton v Aston Villa Women: 2%
- James v Leeds United: 2%
- McNeill v Liverpool U18s: 1%