Chelsea duo Antonio Rudiger and Kepa won't be punished after training ground scrap
General

Chelsea duo Antonio Rudiger and Kepa won't be punished after training ground scrap

Antonio Rudiger and Kepa Arrizabalaga will not be punished following their training ground bust-up, Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has confirmed. 

Kepa and Rudiger came to blows in training on Sunday, a day after Chelsea's 5-2 loss to relegation-threaten West Brom. Speaking ahead of Porto's Champions League tie, Tuche described the bust-up as 'very serious' as the duo had to be pulled apart by shocked teammates. 

However, Tuchel says he has been pleased with how the two players have handled the aftermath of the fight and will not be issuing punishments. 

"It had nothing to do with the defeat [to West Brom]," he told the press. 

"It was just an incident at training which heated up with Toni and Kepa. We calmed the situation down, these things are normally unusual but can happen, they are all competitors in all actions and they got heated up." 

"How they reacted to it was amazing and showed how much respect they have for me and for each other as they sorted it out immediately, they cleared the air and we spoke about it straight after training and that was it. In a way that showed me their good character."

Action

"No punishment so far because of the way they dealt with it."

"It was an immediate reaction and Toni sorted it out immediately which was absolutely necessary. It was the strong and the right thing to do, it cleared the air immediately and we are happy with how they dealt with it."

"These are things we don't like to accept but there is no more with this situation."

The former PSG boss has also revealed Rudiger is expected to feature in their away trip to FC Porto this tomorrow. 

Read More: Champions League: Chelsea trio set to return against FC Porto