The curtains came down on a memorable Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Cameroon, with Senegal lifting the crown after beating Egypt 4-2 on penalties following a scoreless 120 minutes.
The Lions of Teranga roared to victory at the third time of asking, having lost the 2002 and 2019 finals.
Liverpool forward Sadio Mane missed a fifth-minute penalty but was there to score the winning goal in the shootout.
Having scored three and assisted two, the 29-year-old was later named the Player of the Tournament, with teammate Edouardo Mendy winning the Goalkeeper of the tournament.
Here are all the individual winners of the tournament.
- 🇸🇳 Player of the tournament - Sadio Mane
- 🇸🇳 Best goalkeeper - Edouardo Mendy
- 🇨🇲 Golden Boot winner - Vincent Aboubakar
- 🇸🇳 Best coach - Alious Cisse
- 🇧🇫 Best Young Player - Issa Kabore
- 🇸🇳 The Fair Play award - Senegal
The 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, which is scheduled for June, will be the 34th edition with Ivory Coast playing hosts.