The Uganda Premier League awarded Kirinya-Jinja S.S playmaker David Bagoole and Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)’s head coach Sam Bamweyana Ssimbwa as the best player and coach respectively for the month of March.
The awarding ceremony was conducted at Kati-Kati Restaurant along the Lugogo Bypass in Kampala.
Bagoole was chosen ahead of KCCA’s Nicholas Kasozi and URA’s striker Cromwel Rwothomio, the three of whom who made the final three-man shortlist.
Ssimbwa beat KCCA’s manager Mike Mutebi and Tooro United’s Wasswa Bbosa.
Bagoole was preferred for the goals and command of authority in Kirinya-Jinja S.S’ 2-1 away victory over Sports Club Villa at Mandela National Stadium during the night game and at home against Mbarara based Nyamityobora.
Ssimbwa was the pick because of URA’s improved performance in the month where they won twice and drew once.
"I thank God for this moment. Special thanks to my teammates, coaches, and the league organisers. Such awards motivate us the players," David Bagoole said.
"I am very happy for the award. It has been long over-due. This is good motivation. I dedicate this award to my mother who is admitted at Butabika Hospital. I will share the money with my assistants and players," Sam Ssimbwa told.
Match Day 26 Games:
Tuesday, April 9, 2019:
- Police Vs Onduparaka – Lugogo (4:00 PM)
- Ndejje University Vs Nyamityobora – Arena of Visions, Bombo (4:30 PM)
- Paidha Black Angels Vs KCCA – Bar Okoro Stadium, Zombo (4:30 PM)
Wednesday, April 10, 2019:
- BUL Vs Kirinya-Jinja S.S – FUFA Technical Center, Njeru (4:00 PM)
- URA Vs Bright Stars – Mandela National Stadium, Namboole (4:30 PM)
- Mbarara City Vs Vipers – Kakyeka Stadium, Mbarara (4:30 PM)
- Maroons Vs Tooro United – Luzira Prisons (4:30 PM)