With Benin holding Cameroon to a scoreless draw on Tuesday, Kenya’s Harambee Stars hopes of making it to the last 16 were quashed with the East Africa region remaining Uganda as the only team in the stage.
Stars had hoped for a spot in the round after their win over Tanzania in the group stage had given them some hope in the best third-placed team category.
In the last 16, Uganda will be up against Senegal who thrashed Stars 3-0 in the group stage with hosts Egypt taking on South Africa.
Kenya joined group opponents Tanzania (who had no points) and Burundi out of the competition.
The top two finishers of the six groups and the four best third-place teams make up the line-up for the last 16.
Round 16 Fixtures
- Al Salam Stadium Morocco vs Benin
- Cairo Stadium Uganda vs Senegal
- Alexandria Stadium Nigeria vs Cameroon
- Cairo Stadium Egypt vs South Africa
- Alexandria Stadium Madagascar vs DR Congo
- June 30 Stadium Algeria vs Guinea
- Suez Stadium Mali vs Cote d’Ivoire
- Ismailia Stadium Ghana vs Tunisia
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!