The Kenyan Premier League returns on Wednesday 17 September with Bandari FC hosting Zoo Kericho at the Mbaraki Sports Ground.
The match is part of the league’s week two fixtures that had been rescheduled due to Bandari’s participation in the CAF Confederations Cup; the other being the Gor Mahia v Chemelil Sugar game slated for Thursday.
Both teams have had contrasting start to the season with Zoo who escaped relegation by a whisker last season-opening their campaign with a convincing 3-1 win over Chemelil Sugar FC on a week that saw Bandari draw Mathare United in Nairobi.
But what has been the result between the two teams in the previous meetings?
- Since their promotion to the Kenyan Premier League in 2017, Zoo Kericho has only beaten Bandari once, losing two with the other three games ending in draws.
- ⚽️All the wins in this tie have produced three or more goals with only one tie producing a goalless result.
- Bar their weekend CAF Confederation Cup tie against US Ben Guerdane, Bandari has drawn all their last seven games (all competitions) with their last win coming against Zoo on May 19, 2019.
- Zoo last eight games have seen them pick four wins, three draws and one loss.
- Midfielder Danson Chetambe will be coming against his former employers after ditching Zoo for Bandari in the just concluded transfer window.