Real Madrid's difficult start to 2019/2020 continued with a thumping at the hands of a depleted PSG side last night.
What interesting stats have emerged from an action-packed night in the Champions League? Here are seven great OPTA stats that you can use to impress your friends.
😮 OPTA Wednesday stats roundup
- Riyad Mahrez has been directly involved in six goals in seven Champions League appearances for Man City (2 goals, 4 assists).
- It's the first time since Barca and Man Utd in 2011 when both Champions League
winners and runners-up did not win their first CL game in the following season.
- Only Ruud van Nistelrooy (19) and Roberto Soldado (19) scored their first 15 Champions League goals in fewer games than Harry Kane (20). Prowess.
- Karim Benzema will play his 113th game in the UEFA Champions League, a record for a French player in the competition.
- Since the start of the 2017-18 Champions League campaign, only James Milner (10) has recorded more assists in the competition than Kevin De Bruyne (9).
- Real Madrid failed to have a single shot on target against PSG tonight, the first time they have failed to do so in the UEFA Champions League since Opta began collecting such data in the competition in 2003-04 (in 167 games).
- Kieran Trippier created seven chances for Atlético Madrid against Juventus, the most by any player on MD1 of this season's UEFA Champions League.
⬇️ Get the latest Real Madrid Live scores, commentary, results and stats on the Futaa Live App, with over 1000 teams, 100+ leagues and the lowest data usage. Download it now at the Google Play store, it’s only 3mb!