Chelsea's in-form English midfielder Mason Mount has been included in the 20-man shortlist for the prestigious 2019 Golden Boy award.
The 20-year-old finds himself is in esteemed company, with Atlético Madrid forward João Félix and Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt the outright favourites to win the prize.
The Golden Boy award is given to the best player aged under-21, and it is currently held by the aforementioned de Ligt who collected the honour before his big-money move from Ajax to Juventus.
Arsenal's Matteo Guendouzi and Manchester City's Phil Foden are both included too, as is Borussia Dortmund's livewire winger Jadon Sancho, who has been a revelation since his move across from England to the Bundesliga. The 19-year-old may well push Félix and de Ligt all the way.
📝 Full list of Golden Boy nominees
- 🇳🇱 Donyell Malen (PSV Eindhoven)
- 🇧🇷 Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
- 🇪🇸 Ferran Torres (Valencia)
- 🇮🇹 Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma)
- 🇨🇦 Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
- 🇬🇼 Ansu Fati (Barcelona)
- 🇩🇪 Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
- 🇧🇷 Vinicius Júnior (Real Madrid)
- 🇳🇴 Erling Braut Håland (RB Salzburg)
- 🇧🇷 Vinícius Júnior (Real Madrid)
- 🏴 Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
- 🇰🇷 Lee Kang-in (Valencia)
- 🇮🇹 Moise Kean (Everton)
- 🇫🇷 Matteo Guendouzi (Arsenal)
- 🏴 Phil Foden (Man City)
- 🇮🇹 Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan)
- 🏴 Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- 🇺🇦 Andriy Lunin (On loan @ Valladolid from Real Madrid)
- 🇷🇸 Dejan Joveljić (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- 🇳🇱 Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
- 🇵🇹 João Félix (Atlético Madrid)
The winner will be announced in Turin on December 16. Who do you think should win the prize?
Let us know in the comments below!