The name Samuel Chukwueze was nowhere to be found when organizers announced a shortlist of 20 players under the age of 21 for the prestigious Golden boy award.
This award is given annually, to the most promising and exciting young talent, but Chukwueze, who has been impressive since gaining promotion to Villarreal first team in 2018, was not named.
The list has Barcelona's youngster Ansu Fati, Arsenal's Matteo Guendouzi, Real Madrid's Vinicius Junior and other Amazing Young talents.
The winner will be announced in Turin on 16 December.
The award was created by Italian newspaper Tuttosport in 2003 to recognise the best young player in Europe. Nominees must be under the age of 21 and play in a European nation's top tier.
- Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus, Holland)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich, Canada)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan, Italy)
- Ansu Fati (Barcelona, Spain)
- Philip Foden (Man City, England
- Matteo Guendouzi (Arsenal, France)
- Erling Haland (RB Salzburg, Norway)
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany)
- Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid, Portugal)
- Dejan Joveljic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Serbia)
- Moise Kean (Everton, Italy)
- Kang-in Lee (Valencia, South Korea)
- Andrij Oleksijovyc (Valladolid, Ukraine)
- Danyell Malen (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea, England)
- Rodrygo (Real Madrid, Brazil)
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund, England)
- Ferran Torres (Valencia, Spain)
- Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid, Brazil)
- Nicolò Zaniolo (Roma, Italy)
The 2018 Edition was won By Former Ajax Captain and Defender, Matthijs de Ligt.
⬇️ Get the latest Nigeria Live scores, commentary, results and stats on the Futaa Live App, with over 1000 teams, 100+ leagues and the lowest data usage. Download it now at the Google Play store, it’s only 3mb!