Arsenal's defeat to Sheffield United in the Premier League last night at Bramall Lane has raised yet more doubts about their ability to pick up points away from home.
What did we learn from the match? Here are the telling stats.
🧮 Sheffield United vs Arsenal: Blades blunt the Gunners
- Arsenal has conceded 22 Premier League goals from set-pieces since the start of last season; only Watford (25) and Everton (24) have conceded more. Weakness.
- Since the start of last season, Arsenal has been shown more cards for diving than any other Premier League team (7).
- Arsenal has lost four of their last seven Premier League away games against newly-promoted sides (W3), as many defeats as in their previous 49 (W33 D12 L4).
- Blades goalkeeper Dean Henderson has kept 25 clean sheets in the league since the start of last season; more than any other goalkeeper in England's top four tiers.
- Chris Wilder has won 79 league games since becoming Sheffield United manager in May 2016; only Jurgen Klopp (81) and Pep Guardiola (93) have won more in England's top four tiers in this period.
Chris Wilder deserves great credit for Sheffield United's solid start to life in the Premier League, with the Blades now occupying a place in the top half of the table.
As for Arsenal, frailty at set-pieces and an increasingly poor record against "lesser" teams, especially away from home, is threatening to derail their top-four challenge.
Arsenal hosts Vitória S.C. on Thursday night in the Europa League.
Follow Arsenal vs Vitória live on Futaa!