Another epic weekend has come and gone with stellar displays from a few established world-class stars and some of the planet's finest emerging talents.
Here's a roundup of the best individual displays in Europe this past weekend, and a dubious record for Man City.
📊 OPTA Roundup
- After his two assists against Southampton, Roberto Firmino has now assisted 50 goals for Liverpool in all competitions. That’s 11 more than any other player for the club since he joined in 2015.
- Erling Håland is the first player in Bundesliga history to score seven goals in his first three appearances. Incredibly, he has scored with each of his first seven shots on target.
- Håland's Borussia Dortmund teammate, English teenager Jadon Sancho, became the first player in Bundesliga history to score 25 Bundesliga goals before his 20th birthday.
- Ansu Fati’s 30th & 31st-minute quickfire double against Levante (both assisted by Lionel Messi) makes him the youngest player (17 years & 94 days) to score a LaLiga brace in the 21st century.
Ansu Fati’s 30th & 31st-minute quickfire double against Levante (both assisted by Lionel Messi) makes him the youngest player to score a @LaLiga brace in the 21st century. Quite a special partnership brewing. 🐐🇬🇼 #mondaymotivation pic.twitter.com/Ow4mtW7hFS— Futaa.com (@Futaacom) February 3, 2020
- Lionel Messi has the most goals (14) and assists (eight) in LaLiga this season.
- Romelu Lukaku is the first player in the three points per win era to score 11+ goals in his first 11 appearances away from home in Serie A.
- Ciro Immobile has scored 25 goals in 21 Serie A appearances this season. No player in history has scored more at this stage, with Valentin Angelillo also notching 25 goals after 21 games in 1959).
- After his double against Fiorentina, Cristiano Ronaldo has now directly contributed to 50 goals (40 goals, 10 assists) in 50 Serie A appearances.
- All six of Neymar's assists in Ligue 1 this season have been for Kylian Mbappé.
- Manchester City has failed to score four of the last six penalties they have taken across all competitions, with three different players accounting for these spot kicks (Gabriel Jesus x2, Raheem Sterling and Ilkay Gundogan).
📲 Follow Sampdoria vs Napoli live on Futaa tonight!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!