All matches in the top two divisions in Spain and France are to be played behind closed doors because of coronavirus concerns with more and more leagues around the globe becoming affected.
Here's all that we know so far about which leagues and matches will be postponed, and which events will have to be closed to the public.
🏴 English Premier League
- Manchester City vs Arsenal match that was scheduled for Wednesday, 11th March has been postponed as a precautionary
- It becomes the first match in the league to be called off due to the scare
🇮🇹 Serie A
- All sport in Italy has been suspended until the earliest 3 April. The ruling includes Serie A matches but not Italian clubs or national teams participating in international competitions.
- Juventus' recent high-profile Serie A clash with Inter was played behind closed doors but now all league activity is postponed.
🇪🇸🇮🇹 LaLiga & Ligue 1
- LaLiga's ruling was made on guidance from Spain's ministry of health and will affect the next two rounds of fixtures.
- The French government announced on Sunday that all gatherings of more than 1000 people are banned. Ligue 1 fans will be banned from matches in France until 15 April.
- Wednesday's Rhine derby between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Cologne will be the first Bundesliga game to be played behind closed doors due to the coronavirus
🏆 UEFA Champions League
- It's been confirmed that Bayern Munich vs Chelsea next Wednesday the 18th is to be played behind closed doors, and it's likely that if Bayern reaches the quarterfinals, their home leg will be subject to the same rule.
- Barcelona's Champions League match against Napoli on the same night will also be played at an empty Nou Camp stadium. "The decision has been made strictly for health reasons," said Joan Guix, Catalunya government's health chief. Valencia vs Atalanta at the Mestalla will be closed to the public as well.
- PSG vs Borussia Dortmund will also be played behind closed doors, on Wednesday 11 March.
🗺 UEFA Europa League
- Sevilla's match against Roma and Getafe's game with Inter Milan in the Europa League have suffered the same fate.
- Manchester United's Europa League last-16 first-leg match at LASK Linz in Austria on Thursday will be played behind closed doors, while the same can be said for Sevilla vs Roma, Getafe vs Inter Milan and Olympiacos vs Wolves.
- Olympiacos vs Wolves is in jeopardy of being postponed, though as it stands it's to be played behind closed doors, after revelations that Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marikanis had revealed that he has contracted Coronavirus.
- Germany's international friendly with Italy in Nuremberg on 31 March will be played behind closed doors, while England is due to face Italy at Wembley on 27 March but it's still unclear what the situation is with that fixture.
🌍 Matches in Africa
- All matches in Egypt are set to be played behind closed doors as it stands.
- Morocco football matches are being played behind closed doors.
- Algeria has announced that all league matches to be played without fans till further notice.
- Select Tunisian football matches are taking place without fans.
- Rwanda has banned pre-match handshakes to prevent the spread.
📲 Follow the latest UEFA Champions League news live on Futaa!